www.AnitaGunton.blogspot.com

www.AnitaGunton.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Where in the hell is Tybee Island?


I am really excited and scared. I am heading to Tybee Island, Georgia, with 3 of my favorite friends. We are driving across country to meet up with 70 other Sisters On The Fly, for a week of cocktail parties, good food, and cornhole toss.
We have known about this trip for almost a year -- and none of us is ready! We are meeting at Peggy Sue's Diner, in Yermo on Friday, March 25th. We plan on spending the first day in Oatman, AZ and then heading east on the 40. We hope to see a lot of old Route 66, Dollywood, Graceland, Savannah, The Jack Daniels Factory, Edisto Island, etc... I think we are insane for doing this when gas is probably going to hit 5 bucks a gallon. The other 3 women keep pointing out the fact that this was my bright idea. If I had known where Georgia was, I probably wouldn't have suggested it. I thought it was somewhere near Texas!
I figured out how to put pictures on this blog from my iPhone, so I hope you'll check back and see where we are along the way.

6 comments:

  1. You are awesome!
    We now have over 90 Sisters for you to meet at Tybee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Wish I was going with you but I'm so happy I'll be able to experience all of the fun through your blog. You're traveling with some of the best friends a girl could ever have. Thanks bunches for sharing. Sue #911

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG !! I wish I was in California to travel with you!! I am so jealous!
    I am a new sister and can't wait to meet you!
    Be safe and let me know if anyone needs me to send my daughters towing company to get you!
    Pat Harden
    SOTF #1787
    Dublin, GA

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be folowing your travels through the blog! Can't wait - have fun!

    Marla & Mike Eggert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!!! What fun and adventures await you!!! You all are coming right thru Little Rock!! if you need a place to camp over night....I've got plenty of room and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have you...but at least call so I can stand on the highway and blow kisses!!!! be safe and HAVE MORE FUN THAN ANYONE...

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY ANITA !!! HAVE A SAFE AND WONDERFUL TRIP!
    WISH I COULD BE THERE WITH YOU GIRLS....

    TERI LITTLE

    ReplyDelete