www.AnitaGunton.blogspot.com

www.AnitaGunton.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Giddy Up 2010


These are the pictures (so far) from my trip. I am in Morgan City, LA. We took a plantation tour yesterday. It was fascinating. So weird to be in the slaves’ quarters. You realize what a horrible existence it must have been.


I haven’t labeled all the photos yet, but the pictures of the tow truck are when my friend Janet broke down in Tucson. We ended up leaving her there waiting for a part. She got it fixed and then the alternator went out. They fixed that and then she broke down in New Mexico. Her husband, Larry flew in and they got it fixed and then it broke down AGAIN in Kerrville, TX. Janet is a trooper and she is an hour away. She only lost a couple of days getting here, but it’s been a rough road!!


The dress up photos are from our Scarlett O’Hara party. The party and the food were awesome. They had a great Cajun band and it was so much fun!! Another Anita from Georgia (I am Yankee Anita) put on the event with her friend, Karen. Everything has been top notch – the food, the tours, the fun….everything! We haven’t even done the swamp tours and Bourbon St. This has really been the vacation of a lifetime and I would’ve never gotten to do all this stuff without Anita and Karen!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anita, thanks for posting all the great pictures. Fran #487

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yankee Anita, Its Yankee LoriSue and I agree it was the trip of a life time. I have never been with so many wonderfully fun women! I can't wait for the next trip! I don't know if I can make it to your Wine trip to Palomar.
    In case I don't have a drink (or 2 for me).
    #1137

    ReplyDelete